So many wonderful things to share! And a giveaways to celebrate! [Rafflecopter contest is at the bottom of the post.]
Thank you so much for reading and commenting, and coming back day after day. You guys keep me fired up and on a creative tidal wave that hardly seems to be slowing down, that, you all have been a big help to me coping with some of the bad news that came my way last week.
About the Leibster Award
The wonderful and talented Jennica of the blog Jennica Speaks has given me a Leibster award. Thank you so much Jennica!
I was also nominated by Sarah from Vespertine House in the same week! Thank you Sarah!
The Leibester award is kind of a “Welcome to blogging, I’m loving your work” message passed from one blogger to the next. And the focus is on bloggers that have less than 200 followers. (That’s Us!!) For more details on the Leibster I recommend checking out this post on Wording Well.
After you receive a nomination and accept taking on the award you then must:
- Reveal 11 interesting facts about yourself
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 5 other new bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Give your nominees a list of questions they have to answer
11 facts about myself:
Which include answers to Sarah’s questions
- What are you currently obsessed with? Why?
Cthulhu and HP Lovecraft. Because that tentacled face haunts my dreams and I just keep drawing him. I’m looking to the world of Lovecraft for answers. That, and I’m just generally enjoying the man’s work. 😉
- Pick one: Summer Beach Party, Fall Festival, Winter Weekend at the Cabin, or Spring Vacation- why did you choose what you chose?
- Fall Festival, let’s dress up like monsters and mash!
- Who has inspired you the most?
- My friend Theresa K. She’s traveled the world helping to teach special needs kids and is forever brave enough to jump right in to help wherever she goes.
- Fun Fact, Theresa and I became close friends with a big old slap across the face. We were cast in a play together and I was her over-bearing/abusive mistress.
- What are you currently reading?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- I hate wearing shoes and would [almost] always prefer to be barefoot.
- I have two cats a black one name Pheobe (named after the character on Charmed) and a white with splotches of black named Jubilee ( named after the mutant from X-Men).
- I doodled more than I took notes in school Although, strangely, that helped me remember things better…
- I have a growing collection of minions action figures. Bee-doo.
- I finally signed up for reddit. It’s amazing. I lurk there a lot these days /r/nosleep.
Questions from Jennica
- What are your blog goals?
- To improve my writing and storytelling skills
- To connect with other creators and horror fans
- To learn! *Maniacal Laughter*
- Who or what inspired you to blog?
- On my first blog, Artful Pursuit, I wrote because I wanted somewhere to share what I was learning and doing in the field of art and design. It was mostly research and how-tos. That kind of drifted off and then my husband and I created Haunting TV. It was while we were filming our web-series that felt I really needed to write, learn about and connect with my horror-obsessions. And now, here we are.
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Fall, because of the colors, the crispness of the air, and Halloween.
- What is your favorite movie genre?
- Horror 🙂
- Who are your main supporters?
- I am so lucky to have so many people cheering me on. Dan Foytik, Mark Nixon, my husband, my parents, my sister, Jess M, Rebecca Treadway, just to name a few.
- Have you made any friends in the blogging community?
- Hells-to-the-Yeah! It’s such a wonderful, varied, and open community! There’s too many names to just out and out list.
- If you could take a two week vacation (all expenses paid) where would it be and with whom?
- England. With my husband, my immediate family and Theresa K.
- Name one of your guilty snack foods.
- Buttered popcorn.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- According to the “teacher’s pet” entry of a middle school notebook: “An orthopedic surgeon,” because that’s what my aunt did and it sounded complicated. According to my diary: a writer.
- Would you ever read a blog post onstage in front of an audience?
- Hells Yeah! Although I’d need a projector, because the artwork and pictures tend to be rather important.
- Will you be my blogging friend?
- Absolutely 🙂
I’m searching for some fellow up-and-comers now and will post my decisions and their questions as soon as I’ve locked them in. Do you guys have any recommendations?
Whoo! You made it to bottom!
To celebrate the Leibster award I’m doing a free giveaway!
There are 3 chances to win a custom piece of art. And I will be adding new prizes before the contest ends at the end of the month.
The winners will be randomly selected and then you will be able to tell me what horror character or icon you want me to draw and I’ll mail you the original piece of art.
Here’s a few examples of the monster series I did as giveaways for the Coffin Hop last October.