Hi guys! If you’re on this page it’s because you are either already part of the #HorrorMadeHop2015 or you want to be.
A little background:
I started this hop because there was a particular blog tour I joined last year that I thought was the best thing ever. It retired this year and I still wanted to have the digital equivalent of a Halloween party with a bunch of my blogging buddies.
I did find out why that awesome blog hop was retired though. And since I want you guys to understand the inner workings as much as me I’ll tell you why it failed:
Too many hoppers were talking about only themselves and pushing sales.
I think we can be more amazing than that. So If you’re involved in the hop, here’s what we’ll all have to do to make it successful:
- Create a post that is thematically tied to Halloween
- if you do want to promote something you’re selling, just add it at the end as a “Hey, if you liked this post, then you’ll love my thingy thing”
- Offer a cool prize for the people joining the hop
- Post a link to the official #HorrorMadeHop page at the top and bottom of your post
- Tag at least 2 other Hop Stops every-time you share your post
- I’ve created a list of tags so everyone can just copy paste as needed
- Re-share every-time you are tagged in a post
- Add one of the #HorrorMadeHop banners to your post
What we can do to engage our audience more:
Try to collaborate with your audience.
Here’s a few examples:
- My Halloween post will be made up of things shared through the #HorrorMadeHop tag. So people who aren’t bloggers get a say in the Halloween extravaganza post.
- Hali (poeticfootprints.wordpress.com) is thinking about asking for people to leave 5 words in the the comment section which will be made into a brand new poem.
- Ask for a comment that will alter your next post or inspire a song, or a drawing, or something.
- Ask for a joke, and the best 5 ones will be read during your next podcast.
- Basically just have fun and be engaged with the folks visiting.
Other than that, Have fun!!
Here’s the Image resources you’ll need for sharing:
Here’s where you’ll find everyone’s twitter and instagram handles:
@jeanette_art @dynamomarz @sarahseado @patrickrahall
If you can think of anything else that would be helpful, Let me know!